Friday, August 5, 2016

Can I make this online store work?

Question: I want to develop my business while on the road… Can I make it work?


Background: Last December, I came up with the idea of having a stand where I could sell art. While still in school, I started painting some of the birds that you can buy today on Nomadic Arts for example, Mugs! A couple months passed and I started researching before making my stand. But I realized a stand would cost too much and so I made the idea to make an online store instead. Again, a couple months passed and I made an online store! With all of the items you can buy today!

What I plan to do with this online store:

Advertise

Today while in homeschool I made a paper about different types of advertisement I could do. Here is my list:

Newspapers

Penny saver, this allows me to run one FREE ad at a time, this will help with the first step in getting a customer.

Facebook ads

I can run a lot of ads using this, but I will need a lot of money, or get investors.

Development

I have a couple ideas about future development, you can see them below.

Subscriptions

I plan on making plans were I can give paintings to people who sign up. They can buy different plans. Such as a three-month plan were they pay something like 15 dollars upfront (for the plan as a whole) for a bird painting every week.

Different styles of bird

I make my birds from watercolor, but I can also make birds from colored pencils or paper. That could also means getting more supplies.

Storefront

No, No, NO. I mean like a lemonade stand scale thing, but it would be around $300 to do so, and there are no people walking around at camps, so we would have to move back into a house.

Well, that’s that. Until next time,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment